Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snapshot

I absolutely love this tme of year. I love how even if it's just for this month, everyone seems to be on the same page. People decorate their homes and really take pride in it, people seem to smile and be more friendly to strangers and, I don't know, just seem to enjoy each other more. I am one of those people who truly doesn't take for granted the blessings I've been given and have recently tried to soak in and just be in the moment. Lindsay told me her sister-in-law has decided when her daughter makes a mess or gets into something she shouldn't to embrace the moment instead of being upset and grab the camera. So that's what I've been trying to do. Take little snapshots of what's happening around me so I can remember the mundane and the spectacular.

This week's snapshots:

Mundane= a visit to the hospital
Spectacular= sitting with my friend and praying with her in one accord for a good report (we did, in fact receive a good report. Lindsay's dad underwent Quadruple Bypass surgery last Friday and came home yesterday. Praise the Lord. We are believing for an uneventful recovery and miraculous results.)

Mundane= walking across the street to MeMa Nancy's house
Spectacular= the smells of Christmas there and watching her dote on my baby--a full circle moment since I'm quite sure she used to call me "baby doll" and dote on me as well

Mundane= cooking dinner, cleaning up the kitchen, the unending circle of daily life
Spectacular= Looking at my husband, fire crackling in the background, loving this life we've bulit.

I've heard the expression "God is in the details" and he really is. I really believe if I will slow down long enough he'll reveal himself to me (even more) by showing me how intricately he loves me. How painstaking he is to show me comfort and joy.

In this season of overindulgence and too much "stuff" Lord, don't let me miss your glory. Thank you Lord for simple blessings--because they are the ones that are truly extravagant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to a very hansome husband and a mom to a gorgeous little girl. I love deeply and am fiercely loyal. I love the Lord and am in the place in my life where He is more real to me than ever. I'm very involved in church and love my crazy, hectic, non-stop life!