Sunday, February 21, 2010

Recipe #2

Let me apologize in advance. I feel like a fraud. I really did make this recipe. I just forgot to take a picture. Very sad. Oh well. So the picture you'll see below is from the website. But, if it's any consolation (and it is a little to me...) my pizza looked EXACTLY like this. No joke. That always makes me so happy.





So here's the recipe:


Artichoke, Tomato and Spinach Pizza (from Every Day with Rachael Ray, Feb 2010 issue)





5 tbsp EVOO


3 cloves garlic, finely chopped


3 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley


salt and pepper


1 lb refrigerated pizza dough


2 c shredded mozzarella cheese


5 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese


one 13.75 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered


1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved


2 c baby spinach, chopped (about 2 oz)





1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic and parsley; season with salt and pepper.





2. Using oiled hands, stretch the pizza dough to fit a parchment paper-lined (or, in my house, a Pam-sprayed) baking sheet. Spread 3 tbsp of the garlic mixture on top, leaving a 1/2 inch border, then sprinkle with the mozzarella and 2 tbsp of the parmesan. Toss the artichokes, tomatoes and spinach with the remaining garlic mixture and arrange on top of the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining 3 tbsp parmesan on top. Bake until the crust is crisp and golden, 18-20 minutes.





Here's my fake-out picture:



It really did look just like this, I promise!

This was SO good. It took literally 15 minutes to throw it together and since I have a convection oven it took somewhere between 12 and 15 minutes to get all brown and crusty on the edges and sweet and cheesy in the middle. I love crushed red pepper so I added some to my own 2 square pieces. I also couldn't find artichokes in a can. I found them in jars in the "ethnic" food section. I had to buy 2 jars to get the right amount but they were already quartered! I also didn't chop my spinach. It still wilted perfectly.

This was one kind of pizza I was fine not dipping into anything. I usually want ranch or some garlicky or parmesan-y dressing but this was fine just by itself. We are totally pizza lovers so I will definitely be making this again.

Forgive my blunder. And thank me next time you make this...and of course, my friend Rach. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to a very hansome husband and a mom to a gorgeous little girl. I love deeply and am fiercely loyal. I love the Lord and am in the place in my life where He is more real to me than ever. I'm very involved in church and love my crazy, hectic, non-stop life!