Tuesday, February 9, 2010

So Long, Insecurity

I'm so hoping and praying that this journey will be the beginning of the end of a life-long burden for me. As you may know, I have a secret BFF. Her name is Beth Moore and I just love her to pieces. She released a book last Tuesday (which I bought that afternoon) that I'm sure was written just for me. Not just because she's my best friend, but because I'm POSITIVE my heavenly father whispered to her that I, and probably countless other women, needed to hear that we don't have to be insecure anymore. That sentence was extremely easy to type but I still don't know if I believe it's true.

I don't know when my insecurity started. I don't know if there was a certain incident or a person or an episode in my life that sparked it. I DO know it's a lie of the enemy. But what I DON'T know is how to fix it...on my own anyway. So I'm so thrilled to have this book and this opportunity to discuss it with Beth and the siestas on her blog. Because more than anything, I want to walk in the promises of God and take him for his word when he tells me I'm good. And I'm beautiful. And I'm worthy and just...enough. I want to believe my husband when he affirms me and tells me he'd choose me again...over and over. And I want to raise my daughter to believe that she is nothing less but priceless and captivating. I pray I don't teach her by (poor) example to be insecure and so terrified of rejection. Because she is extravagantly, exceedingly more than ANYTHING I had hoped for. She is wonderful and I pray she not only knows she is loved, but that she loves herself. And feels worthy of love because she can grasp the love of her Heavenly Father.

Please, don't misunderstand. This is so far beyond "fishing for compliments" (as my brother used to CONSTANTLY accuse me of when we were younger). This is a deep-seeded fight that I struggle with on a daily basis in so many facets of my life.

This is so intensely personal but I just know I'm not alone. If you wouldn't otherwise go to her site or pick up one of her books, please do so this time. Because it's time we stop feeling so afraid and insecure and start living full, complete, abundant lives OUT of our shells. Go grab the book and then go here and join me in the discussion and what I pray will be healing and deliverance of this bad, bad friend to us: Insecurity.

And if you don't feel led to join, then please, pray for me on this exciting trip towards healing and wholeness. :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you! :) I don't have my book yet (still waiting for Amazon to deliver it), but I'm doing it, too.

    LYMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I read your posts, I wish we lived closer! I love your honesty.

    Hope you have a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord, I ask you right now, in the name of Jesus, to wrap your arms around my Erica, because she is so very special, so very priceless, and such an inspiration to so many. Affirm to her that she needs to have no worries about leading by example for Abby - I know that because she daily leads by example for me. Thank you Lord for placing her in my life all those years ago - and all God's children (and siestas) said, AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know who I'm more proud of right now....you or Lindsay. Ain't it great knowing that we have precious people in our life that call out to GOD on our behalf and encourage us in our moments of weakness? And He loves knowing that Lindsay loves you enough to do that for you!
    I don't care who you are or how well it seems you have things together, everybody...and I mean EVERYBODY... has struggles with insecurity. We may be very strong and confident in most areas, but there's always a place that, at times, we are made to feel like lost little girls.
    Knowing that helps us relate to people that would otherwise just get on our nerves.
    So, whenever I'm saying or doing something that gets on your nerves, just say "Bless her heart, she's so insecure."
    I love you dearly...
    Fayetteville Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, this thing was LIFE changing for me... I am still trying to decide how to even begin posting on something with this huge magnitude... I have no idea where to start!!!

    So glad to have "met" you!
    Blessings,
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to a very hansome husband and a mom to a gorgeous little girl. I love deeply and am fiercely loyal. I love the Lord and am in the place in my life where He is more real to me than ever. I'm very involved in church and love my crazy, hectic, non-stop life!